These series of videos are amazingly effective for classroom instruction. They also give students a view of the world and are a great global issues primer. Matt “danced” his way around the world. Here are several ways to use these videos in the classroom …
1. All students stand up and dance with Matt! Get the students to shout out either the city name/country or both as they dance… Or one side of the class asks, “where “the hell” is Matt?” and the other answers.
2. Ask students to watch and pause the video. Ask students to guess, “Where the Hell is Matt?”
3. Put a piece of cloth/tape on the screen to hide the place names. Watch the video and ask students to write down as many places that they can guess, Matt visited.
4. Watch the video and pause. Get a student to come to the front of the class and show where Matt actually is, on the map. Make it a challenge for a smart student!
5. Draw a map of the world on the board. Give each student a map of the world. One student maps out Matt’s trip with arrows/lines. Others do the same at their desks, writing in place names.
These are just a few of the ideas I have used. What are your ideas?Where the Hell is Matt?,