I do this story often with new classes – int/adv. levels. It really helps emphasize the need to listen carefully.
1. Tell a story like the one below. Start with ” I’m going to tell you a story. Listen carefully. You are driving a bus.”
2. Proceed to tell the story about the bus stopping at each stop and describing the people who get on and where they sit on the bus.
3. Finish the story after 3 or 4 bus stops. The bus arrives at its destination.
4. Ask students the final question, “Can you tell me who is driving the bus?”
5. You’ll be surprised so many don’t remember at all!!! Answer: YOU are driving the bus.Listening Skills Story,