I used to do this with my classes (teacher training) and it always showed up on my teacher evaluations post-course as one of the highlights mentioned by trainees. You can do it too with students.
Play the song … Read More ....
Home Scavenger Hunt
One sterling activity to engage students studying remotely is to do a home scavenger hunt.
Students have X minutes to find the objects and then report back and “show and tell” with other students in the video call. A nice … Read More ....
Stop The Bus
This is a great game that is easy to start/finish.
1. Get students in small groups.
2. Select 3 categories. Ex. Food / Country / Verb
3. Select a letter from the alphabet. Ex. G
4. Students have to write … Read More ....
Leave The Room
This is a standard game and can be played to practice a variety of language forms (or just for fun!).
I use it to practice the difficult “have/has been …” present perfect tense.
Put the forms on the board. The … Read More ....
Toilet Paper Game
This activity is used as a “getting to know you”, icebreaker on the first day of class.
1. Teacher takes the toilet paper roll and takes several squares of toilet paper, then hands the roll of toilet paper to a … Read More ....