Simple ideas for busy teachers
EFL Teaching Recipes
Simple ideas for teachers to use as classroom lessons
Bringing reality into the classroom is so important. Language is something we use in the real world and so it is incumbent that teachers link their lessons to actual use in the wider world.
One nice example is a – … Read More ....
Especially for beginners – what I call “Body English” is a great technique.
Start with letters / spelling and numbers.
1. Bring a student to the front of the class.
2. “Draw” a number or spell a simple … Read More ....
This idea works well in pairs. Model in front of the class first.
1. Write numbers or letters on the back of a student/classmate by using your finger.
2. The classmate guesses the number/letter.
3. Make it more advanced. Larger … Read More ....
I like using magic tricks to get student’s attention. Along the way, they are learning a lot as you explain and show using language. A great way for rich language learning. Here’s a favorite I used to use with my … Read More ....