Hi, these are great short videos all under 4 minutes, to overview the civil rights era in the USA during the late 1950’s up to the mid 1960’s. It finishes with MLK jr’s famous “I Have a Dream Speech.” (17 minutes)
These are for discussion purposes to build background knowledge for why we celebrate MLK Day. Then we will read the last 2 minutes of his speech that i googled from somewhere, about 1.5 pages.
Then we will discuss and compare discrimination and racism in USA vs. home countries.
See teaching resources here.
1. Civil Rights _Eyes on the Prize1 Intro/Overview 2:21min.
2. Ingram Park and Civil Rights Movement Mr. Mead History 3 min.
3. KKK Then and Now National Geographic 2 min.
4. LIttle Rock Nine Charly Palmer- Oct Gallery 3:52
5. I have a dream speech MLK jr. 17 min.
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/martin_luther_king_jr_i_have_a_dream.htmlMartin Luther King Jr. Holiday Videos Overview,